And, I stumbled upon this website to find the elaborate range of beautiful Pakistani Suits. My eyes got glued to the exquisite designs and delicate details of the traditional wear. Believe me, it’s the first online destination where I found an abundance of gorgeous Pakistani Suits; women are spoilt for choice.
It was cousin’s wedding and my search for the ethnic dresses had lasted a bit longer. Irritated by my long shopping schedules, mom gave up and instructed me to shop online. Getting traditional wear online is not an easy task and when the shopping is for cousin’s wedding, the aim to kill with the looks can’t be ignored;)
Weddings are a big reason to celebrate our presence on Earth. We meet people, close and distant in relation. We laugh and dance to welcome the bond of two people. We create moments as pictures that enrich our albums. Such occasions are considered a success to a big extent if we dress suitably. My situation was somewhat crucial. I couldn’t find a perfect traditional dress to make heads turn on my cousin’s wedding day. On mom’s instructions, I thought of searching for perfection ‘online’.
Onlineshopping is my favourite mode of shopping. A lazy person like me who spends most of her time in a chair with a laptop can’t be happier if shopping is done within four walls of the house. On that particular wedding, all the sisters had decided to go for a traditional look. I began my investigation and concluded that we can find everything on the internet! Yes, literally:)
What I Purchased Online
You will be surprised to know that I got the original ‘Sana Safinaz in India‘ at a huge discount! Sana Safinaz is popular designer wear in Pakistan. Famous for high-end clothes; the luxurious bridal and semi-western designs, the brand attracts customers from around the world.
The beautiful collection is selling like hotcakes and I consider myself fortunate to have purchased one, online.
Tada! My mission to get a perfect traditional piece online was successful. My purchase was approved by mom and she bookmarked the website for future consideration. As far as I was concerned, my enthusiasm for the function reached the peak. Yes, it did make a powerful impact on the atmosphere. No need to say that the centre of attention was converging around me (or the Sana Safinaz I was wearing;)
Clean Beauty is something we all beauty enthusiasts are fascinated by. But not many of us know what it actually means. In this technically advanced world, it is tough to find completely natural things.
Thanks to the beauty world that beauty is taking quite a holistic approach these days. But when we think of clean beauty, we tend to realize that the products found in the market have a medicinal feel, or they are luxurious or fancy. However, that is not always the case.
Clean beauty today has grown a lot and has kept its consumer preferences in mind. In this article, we will share with you everything about clean beauty, which will definitely change your concept of clean beauty.
What Is Clean Beauty?
The concept of Clean Beauty might sound quite simple, but it is actually quite intense. It means using safe products to get clean skin. It, basically, means using non-toxic products that are formulated with all-natural ingredients and do not have a long list of ingredients with potential side effects. There have not been any amendments to the beauty industry. It was 1938 when any changes were made, which basically means that the companies are free to experiment with whatever ingredients they like. Therefore, the concept of clean beauty is quite new and, therefore, scary. However, many beauty brands are going down the clean road, and they are formulating products that are free from chemicals, parabens, and all sorts of harmful ingredients. Clean beauty is all about long-lasting effects and sustainability. Finding products that are luxurious yet clean is hard to find. However, once you try them, you wouldn’t want to replace them in any way. You can find some beauty blogs that share product reviews on diverse beauty products that include clean beauty ones as well.
Even though clean and natural mean the same thing, they are quite different. Clean can either be synthetic or natural. However, clean products are those who are easily accepted and processed by the body. So, clean beauty products are safe for use even for sensitive skin, and they are not meant to cause any disease, hormonal imbalances, disruptions, or irritation.
• The first and foremost would be that there is no fragrance. The fragrance is particularly irritating to sensitive skin. Most beauty brands do not provide a whole list of the harmful ingredients but club them together under fragrance. The use of fragrance is good enough to understand that it is not clean and can have massive side effects.
• Clean beauty products do not contain ingredients that harm the hormonal balances. These ingredients are known as endocrine disrupters, and as the name suggests, they mess with your endocrine system harming your metabolism, reproductive processes and can also mess with your mood. These problems are pretty dangerous, and they are barely noticeable at first. So clean beauty products are formulated with such ingredients that they do not mean any harm to your body and skin.
• Clean beauty products do not include ingredients that can cause cancer popularly known as carcinogens. Most makeup, skincare, and body care products include carcinogens such as formaldehyde as a preservative to increase the shelf life of the product. Using these products in the long can be highly dangerous.
• These clean beauty products do not contain parabens, which are another preservative used in most products to prevent bacteria growth and keep them fresh for long. These chemicals are known to mimic estrogens, and studies have found that they can cause a potential risk of cancer and also reproductive issues.
• Clean beauty products also do not contain Sodium Lauryl Sulphate popularly known as SLS, as this is considered to be a major skin irritant. Studies have shown that it can also contribute to cancer, but there is not enough evidence for this. However, SLS is used in products to produce larger, which gives you the squeaky-clean feeling. But this is a major ingredient to stay away from as it is potentially dangerous to aquatic life as well.
Tips for Switching to Clean Beauty
If you are considering a swap in your regular and beauty routine, then we are here to provide you with all the help and support you need. Here are some of the tips to consider before you actually make the switch.
• Educate yourself before switching to clean beauty products. Do not buy products the ingredient list of which you cannot pronounce. Go for simpler and plant-based ingredients, completely organic. Also, look for products with lesser ingredients and also which are oil-based because they will not have any preservatives.
• Many apps can provide you with the toxicity count if any product and can also tell you the ingredients to avoid. Screen your products and firm a proper understanding of the ingredients to avoid before you actually make the switch. The ingredients mentioned on the top of the ingredient list is more potent than the ingredients which are lower on the last. So, the label might contain the name of any herb or plant, but it may be mentioned at the very bottom of the ingredients list. So, it is advisable not to buy it as the product is entirely chemically derived, and the organic ingredient is just for namesake.
• Do not buy anything with fragrance. As discussed earlier, the fragrance does not only mean the smell or color of the product, but it also has a hidden meaning of too many chemicals being used in the product. Some of these ingredients are potentially dangerous and can also disrupt your hormones. So, do not be deceived if the name on the label reads 100% organic.
• Most of the plant-based ingredients are often mentioned by their scientific names. They also often write in italics. So, look for these names to make sure that your product is derived from organic sources and is not synthetic.
• Try buying you clean beauty products form boutiques or websites which deal with completely clean products. Because most pharmacies and drug stores do sell chemically loaded products rather than being completely clean.
• Be experimental and choose natural ingredients according to your skin needs and concerns. Select products with aloe vera, essential oils, shea butter, virgin coconut oil, and many more. These will not only moisturize and hydrate your skin but will also keep your skin healthy in the long run.
Toxic Ingredients to Avoid
Since the understanding of the ingredients is a crucial step in switching to clean beauty. Here is a list of toxic ingredients that you should avoid before you buy a product.
Clean beauty products become clean, considering two main factors, the ingredients list, and the packaging. Clean beauty strives to use sustainable and recyclable products, which reduces the environmental impact. These products not only use biodegradable products that promote healthy soil but also use an eco-friendly manufacturing process that does not pollute our lands and waterways.
These tiny gestures can also contribute a lot in saving the environment, and you can use beauty products that are not only safe for you but also for the Earth.
Clean beauty is not a movement but a feeling. If you want to stay healthy and feel beautiful for a long time, then you should definitely go down this road. It is all about the lifestyle habits and the little changes you make in your daily routine that can contribute to saving the Earth every single day.
We are aware of the only constraint of life. Life is awarded but only once to all living beings. It is a beautiful gift but most of us let it pass without accomplishing certain important goals. Important goals, which are these? The life-goals are supposed to be defined by us to make our lives worth looking back. The grandeur of life is not absorbed completely if we fail to fulfil these crucial objectives.
So, what’s the secret of living a perfect life?
It’s All About Time-Management, Honey!
When it comes to living life fully, the importance of time cannot be ignored. I know I’m very bad at it but sincerely appreciate those who manage their time perfectly. It not only helps them complete the allocated tasks but also gives additional time to pursue their hobbies. Looks easy how some people finish their work well before the deadline and are ready to celebrate the victory, full of energy (yes, it is the most valuable victory). Awesome!
For me, managing time is emerging as the most effective tool to lead an ideal life. As I continue to study the life patterns of the people around me, I find that the management of time plays a significant role in shaping our lives and achievements.
Try to figure out how to make the most of your stay on Earth!
Time-travel or Travelled by Time – Set your priorities right
Time-travel is the concept we are familiar with, through cinema and storybooks. Not yet accomplished but the continuous extensive studies, since the advent of mankind, strengthens the possibility of time-travel. Hopefully, we will be able to travel forward or backwards in time. I have read ‘The Time Travel’ by H.G.Wells (as everyone who’s reading this) and am pretty excited about the idea.
Well, my concept for time-travel is different for this article. A person who knows how to manage his time can play with it. Well, literally! He can transit smoothly from one age-group to another without showing any signs of jet lag. He ages and he ages gracefully. Sounds crazy but this is actually true. A person who has mastered the art of controlling time can do much beyond the expectations of the others.
On the other hand, the person who is controlled by time, like many of us, is repeatedly run over by the shocks of time. He is travelled by time.
We don’t get multiple chances as in video games. Make your only life spectacular!
This blog post is written in response to the prompts given by Pragun and Alpana. I chose to write on two Hindi songs from Bollywood movies. First is:
Aane Wala Pal jane Wala Hai, Ho sake to ismein Zindagi bita do, Pal yeh Jo Jane Wala Hai.
( Make the most of your time)
Your precious time on Earth has a limit. Plan, execute and celebrate the outcome. Do it in a way that when the end is near, you happily embrace it without regrets.
The second one is:
Zindagi ke Safar mein guzar jate Hain Jo makam, Woh phir nahi aate, Woh phir nahi aate.
(Time that’s gone is gone forever)
Each moment in life is significant. Unfold and unwrap to immerse yourself in the magic. “Life is not in the past. Life is not in the future. Life is now.”
Sometimes, things that look simple at first glance turn out to be the most complicated. Same is true for this blog challenge. The simple expressions, given in the word prompts hide deep, philosophical meaning in them. I appreciate the blog hop hosts Alpana and PraGun for coming up with such brain-tickling theme:)