Air pollution in India is breaking records and we are running out of clean air. Delhi and NCR (National Capital Region) cities are among the most polluted cities in the world. The records show that about 10,000 people a year may die prematurely in Delhi due to air pollution. If Delhi follows the air-quality standards set by WHO, its people will live for 8 years more.
☘️ Air pollution in India is estimated to kill about 1.5 million people every year; it is the fifth-largest killer in India.
☘️ Poor quality air irreversibly damages the lungs of 2.2 million or 50 percent of all children in Delhi.
☘️ Burning of fossil fuels like petrol, coal and other combustible substances is the major cause of air pollution. Vehicles release hazardous gases but our dependence on the automobiles is dominating over health concerns. Silly of us.
🍀 Agricultural activities like using insecticides, pesticides and fertilizers plus the burning of stubble spur crucial rise in air pollution.
13 out of the 25 most polluted cities of the world are in India. Authorities are finding it difficult to cope with the situation.
Children and old people suffer the most because of the weak lungs. Air-purifiers promise to decrease the acuteness of the problem at least indoors.
It is advisable to install good quality Air-purifiers at home to stay safe indoors when pollution is unbelievably high.
I’ve complied a list of some good Air-purifiers for the ready reference.
🌿 Philips AC1215/20 Air purifier, removes 99.97% airborne pollutants with 4-stage filtration.
- Vitashield Intelligent purification automatically senses air quality and removes 99.97% airborne pollutants as small as 0.003 microns, 800 times smaller than PM 2.5
- Purifies a standard room in just 12 minutes
- 4 Stage Filtration process through pre filter, activated carbon filter & double layered H13 Grade TRUE HEPA Filter.
- 4-color air quality indicator gives real time air quality feedback.
🌿Philips AC2887/20 High Efficiency Air purifier, removes 99.97% airborne pollutants with numerical PM2.5 display, ideal for master bedroom
- Air Purifier Type – Room; Purification method – High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestant (HEPA) filter type
- Coverage area: 441 sq. ft, suitable for bedroom / living room (large), Air quality sensor(s): Aerasense PM2.5 sensor.
Dedicated pollution, allergen and bacteria/virus auto modes, 100 percent ozone free, Wattage: 60 watts
🌿 Havells Freshia AP-20 40-Watt Air Purifier with Remote (White/Blue)
- Unique Safety Controls: Sleep mode, Manual Timer Setting, Automatic Filter Replacement reminder, ODOUR Sensor
- Removes 99.18% allergens & Filtration up to 0.03 microns, 80 times smaller than PM 2.5
- AiroFresh Technology -5 Stages of Filtration: Pre-Filter, Cold-Catalyst, Activated Carbon, Antibacterial and HEPA.
🌿Honeywell Air Touch i8 42-Watt Air Purifier (Champagne Gold)
- Measures the real-time pollution level inside your room with the PM2.5 meter onboard the purifier. No need to invest in another meter
- Three stage advanced filtration system with combined patented HiSiv and HEPA filter that removes pollutants with more than 99% efficiency
- Washable pre-filter that removes larger dust particles, pet hair/dander, soil etc
- Combined HiSiv and HEPA filter that removes microscopic allergens, PM2.5, pollens, toxic gases, VOCs, formaldehyde and odour
- Completely ‘Ozone Free’ Air Purifier. Does not emit any harmful gases as a byproduct of the filtration technology.
🌿 KENT ALPS 55-Watt Air Purifier (White)
- Proven HEPA technology for trapping dust, harmful pollutants from air; Along with ionizer to improve the air quality and refreshing air in the room
- Specially treated carbon filter with specially sized pallets for better adsorption properties for odour/foul smell, oxides of Sulphide and Nitrogen, dust, cigarette smoke etc
- Inbuilt Filter Change Alarm for indicating the time to replace filter; Inbuilt Intelligent Light Sensor to monitor the air quality in the room and purifies air accordingly.