And, I stumbled upon this website to find the elaborate range of beautiful Pakistani Suits. My eyes got glued to the exquisite designs and delicate details of the traditional wear. Believe me, it’s the first online destination where I found an abundance of gorgeous Pakistani Suits; women are spoilt for choice.
It was cousin’s wedding and my search for the ethnic dresses had lasted a bit longer. Irritated by my long shopping schedules, mom gave up and instructed me to shop online. Getting traditional wear online is not an easy task and when the shopping is for cousin’s wedding, the aim to kill with the looks can’t be ignored;)
Weddings are a big reason to celebrate our presence on Earth. We meet people, close and distant in relation. We laugh and dance to welcome the bond of two people. We create moments as pictures that enrich our albums. Such occasions are considered a success to a big extent if we dress suitably. My situation was somewhat crucial. I couldn’t find a perfect traditional dress to make heads turn on my cousin’s wedding day. On mom’s instructions, I thought of searching for perfection ‘online’.
Onlineshopping is my favourite mode of shopping. A lazy person like me who spends most of her time in a chair with a laptop can’t be happier if shopping is done within four walls of the house. On that particular wedding, all the sisters had decided to go for a traditional look. I began my investigation and concluded that we can find everything on the internet! Yes, literally:)
What I Purchased Online
You will be surprised to know that I got the original ‘Sana Safinaz in India‘ at a huge discount! Sana Safinaz is popular designer wear in Pakistan. Famous for high-end clothes; the luxurious bridal and semi-western designs, the brand attracts customers from around the world.
The beautiful collection is selling like hotcakes and I consider myself fortunate to have purchased one, online.
Tada! My mission to get a perfect traditional piece online was successful. My purchase was approved by mom and she bookmarked the website for future consideration. As far as I was concerned, my enthusiasm for the function reached the peak. Yes, it did make a powerful impact on the atmosphere. No need to say that the centre of attention was converging around me (or the Sana Safinaz I was wearing;)
Clean Beauty is something we all beauty enthusiasts are fascinated by. But not many of us know what it actually means. In this technically advanced world, it is tough to find completely natural things.
Thanks to the beauty world that beauty is taking quite a holistic approach these days. But when we think of clean beauty, we tend to realize that the products found in the market have a medicinal feel, or they are luxurious or fancy. However, that is not always the case.
Clean beauty today has grown a lot and has kept its consumer preferences in mind. In this article, we will share with you everything about clean beauty, which will definitely change your concept of clean beauty.
What Is Clean Beauty?
The concept of Clean Beauty might sound quite simple, but it is actually quite intense. It means using safe products to get clean skin. It, basically, means using non-toxic products that are formulated with all-natural ingredients and do not have a long list of ingredients with potential side effects. There have not been any amendments to the beauty industry. It was 1938 when any changes were made, which basically means that the companies are free to experiment with whatever ingredients they like. Therefore, the concept of clean beauty is quite new and, therefore, scary. However, many beauty brands are going down the clean road, and they are formulating products that are free from chemicals, parabens, and all sorts of harmful ingredients. Clean beauty is all about long-lasting effects and sustainability. Finding products that are luxurious yet clean is hard to find. However, once you try them, you wouldn’t want to replace them in any way. You can find some beauty blogs that share product reviews on diverse beauty products that include clean beauty ones as well.
Even though clean and natural mean the same thing, they are quite different. Clean can either be synthetic or natural. However, clean products are those who are easily accepted and processed by the body. So, clean beauty products are safe for use even for sensitive skin, and they are not meant to cause any disease, hormonal imbalances, disruptions, or irritation.
• The first and foremost would be that there is no fragrance. The fragrance is particularly irritating to sensitive skin. Most beauty brands do not provide a whole list of the harmful ingredients but club them together under fragrance. The use of fragrance is good enough to understand that it is not clean and can have massive side effects.
• Clean beauty products do not contain ingredients that harm the hormonal balances. These ingredients are known as endocrine disrupters, and as the name suggests, they mess with your endocrine system harming your metabolism, reproductive processes and can also mess with your mood. These problems are pretty dangerous, and they are barely noticeable at first. So clean beauty products are formulated with such ingredients that they do not mean any harm to your body and skin.
• Clean beauty products do not include ingredients that can cause cancer popularly known as carcinogens. Most makeup, skincare, and body care products include carcinogens such as formaldehyde as a preservative to increase the shelf life of the product. Using these products in the long can be highly dangerous.
• These clean beauty products do not contain parabens, which are another preservative used in most products to prevent bacteria growth and keep them fresh for long. These chemicals are known to mimic estrogens, and studies have found that they can cause a potential risk of cancer and also reproductive issues.
• Clean beauty products also do not contain Sodium Lauryl Sulphate popularly known as SLS, as this is considered to be a major skin irritant. Studies have shown that it can also contribute to cancer, but there is not enough evidence for this. However, SLS is used in products to produce larger, which gives you the squeaky-clean feeling. But this is a major ingredient to stay away from as it is potentially dangerous to aquatic life as well.
Tips for Switching to Clean Beauty
If you are considering a swap in your regular and beauty routine, then we are here to provide you with all the help and support you need. Here are some of the tips to consider before you actually make the switch.
• Educate yourself before switching to clean beauty products. Do not buy products the ingredient list of which you cannot pronounce. Go for simpler and plant-based ingredients, completely organic. Also, look for products with lesser ingredients and also which are oil-based because they will not have any preservatives.
• Many apps can provide you with the toxicity count if any product and can also tell you the ingredients to avoid. Screen your products and firm a proper understanding of the ingredients to avoid before you actually make the switch. The ingredients mentioned on the top of the ingredient list is more potent than the ingredients which are lower on the last. So, the label might contain the name of any herb or plant, but it may be mentioned at the very bottom of the ingredients list. So, it is advisable not to buy it as the product is entirely chemically derived, and the organic ingredient is just for namesake.
• Do not buy anything with fragrance. As discussed earlier, the fragrance does not only mean the smell or color of the product, but it also has a hidden meaning of too many chemicals being used in the product. Some of these ingredients are potentially dangerous and can also disrupt your hormones. So, do not be deceived if the name on the label reads 100% organic.
• Most of the plant-based ingredients are often mentioned by their scientific names. They also often write in italics. So, look for these names to make sure that your product is derived from organic sources and is not synthetic.
• Try buying you clean beauty products form boutiques or websites which deal with completely clean products. Because most pharmacies and drug stores do sell chemically loaded products rather than being completely clean.
• Be experimental and choose natural ingredients according to your skin needs and concerns. Select products with aloe vera, essential oils, shea butter, virgin coconut oil, and many more. These will not only moisturize and hydrate your skin but will also keep your skin healthy in the long run.
Toxic Ingredients to Avoid
Since the understanding of the ingredients is a crucial step in switching to clean beauty. Here is a list of toxic ingredients that you should avoid before you buy a product.
Clean beauty products become clean, considering two main factors, the ingredients list, and the packaging. Clean beauty strives to use sustainable and recyclable products, which reduces the environmental impact. These products not only use biodegradable products that promote healthy soil but also use an eco-friendly manufacturing process that does not pollute our lands and waterways.
These tiny gestures can also contribute a lot in saving the environment, and you can use beauty products that are not only safe for you but also for the Earth.
Clean beauty is not a movement but a feeling. If you want to stay healthy and feel beautiful for a long time, then you should definitely go down this road. It is all about the lifestyle habits and the little changes you make in your daily routine that can contribute to saving the Earth every single day.
We are aware of the only constraint of life. Life is awarded but only once to all living beings. It is a beautiful gift but most of us let it pass without accomplishing certain important goals. Important goals, which are these? The life-goals are supposed to be defined by us to make our lives worth looking back. The grandeur of life is not absorbed completely if we fail to fulfil these crucial objectives.
So, what’s the secret of living a perfect life?
It’s All About Time-Management, Honey!
When it comes to living life fully, the importance of time cannot be ignored. I know I’m very bad at it but sincerely appreciate those who manage their time perfectly. It not only helps them complete the allocated tasks but also gives additional time to pursue their hobbies. Looks easy how some people finish their work well before the deadline and are ready to celebrate the victory, full of energy (yes, it is the most valuable victory). Awesome!
For me, managing time is emerging as the most effective tool to lead an ideal life. As I continue to study the life patterns of the people around me, I find that the management of time plays a significant role in shaping our lives and achievements.
Try to figure out how to make the most of your stay on Earth!
Time-travel or Travelled by Time – Set your priorities right
Time-travel is the concept we are familiar with, through cinema and storybooks. Not yet accomplished but the continuous extensive studies, since the advent of mankind, strengthens the possibility of time-travel. Hopefully, we will be able to travel forward or backwards in time. I have read ‘The Time Travel’ by H.G.Wells (as everyone who’s reading this) and am pretty excited about the idea.
Well, my concept for time-travel is different for this article. A person who knows how to manage his time can play with it. Well, literally! He can transit smoothly from one age-group to another without showing any signs of jet lag. He ages and he ages gracefully. Sounds crazy but this is actually true. A person who has mastered the art of controlling time can do much beyond the expectations of the others.
On the other hand, the person who is controlled by time, like many of us, is repeatedly run over by the shocks of time. He is travelled by time.
We don’t get multiple chances as in video games. Make your only life spectacular!
This blog post is written in response to the prompts given by Pragun and Alpana. I chose to write on two Hindi songs from Bollywood movies. First is:
Aane Wala Pal jane Wala Hai, Ho sake to ismein Zindagi bita do, Pal yeh Jo Jane Wala Hai.
( Make the most of your time)
Your precious time on Earth has a limit. Plan, execute and celebrate the outcome. Do it in a way that when the end is near, you happily embrace it without regrets.
The second one is:
Zindagi ke Safar mein guzar jate Hain Jo makam, Woh phir nahi aate, Woh phir nahi aate.
(Time that’s gone is gone forever)
Each moment in life is significant. Unfold and unwrap to immerse yourself in the magic. “Life is not in the past. Life is not in the future. Life is now.”
Sometimes, things that look simple at first glance turn out to be the most complicated. Same is true for this blog challenge. The simple expressions, given in the word prompts hide deep, philosophical meaning in them. I appreciate the blog hop hosts Alpana and PraGun for coming up with such brain-tickling theme:)
Nowadays, men are mostly concentrating on their grooming styles and looks than earlier before. Gone are those days when men just used to wash their face with soap and head out. Even I was one of them and with no skincare habit and that resulted in a hard and dull skin tone. With severe exposure to harmful sun rays, my skin got darkened and there were some dark spots on my face due to acne. I tried many products but none worked. Even the chemicals that were used in the products made my skin look ugly and dry. Then, with some courage in my heart, I tried this Owlpure Men’s Whitening Face Cream and I am writing this article to share my experience with you all.
While I was searching for natural and organic skincare products on Amazon, my eyes stopped at this wonderful product. I have gone through some reviews which made me feel positive and then, I have purchased this product. Furthermore, the product was delivered to my destination on time and in a safe condition. I liked the two-layered packing of the product which protected the circular glass box inside and reached my place.
Cost of the Item: Rs. 560 /-
It made me feel eager to open this whitening face cream for men and when I opened the cap, the pleasing smell made me feel very delightful.
All these natural ingredients used in Owlpure Men’s Whitening Cream are beneficial for your skin in certain ways. It treats your skin very gently and does not harm your skin in any way. This multipurpose skin fairness cream for men not only lightens your skin but also eradicates many skin problems. You can check some of the benefits that are mentioned below and you may find it as the perfect product for your skincare.
Benefits of Owlpure Men’s Whitening Face Cream: –
1. When you start using this fairness cream continuously, it evens your skin tone.
2. It improves your skin complexion and thus, lightens your skin.
3. This natural and organic cream helps in eradicating acne and blemishes.
4. If you apply this cream in the morning, it protects your skin from harmful sun rays.
5. It boosts collagen production and reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
6. It improves the elasticity of the skin and gives you soft skin.
7. Repairs damaged skin cells and also maintains the pH balance of the skin.
How to Use Owlpure Men’s Fairness Cream?
Owpure’s Whitening Face Cream for Men is blended with 100% pure and natural ingredients that provide you with multiple benefits for the skin. Follow the right procedure of using this face whitening cream for men which is mentioned below.
1. Wash your face and pat dry with the soft and clean cloth.
2. Apply this cream and massage all over your face at least for one minute.
3. Let the cream get absorbed. (You can use this brightening cream twice a day to enjoy good results.
(Children are not to be blamed, seniors set an example by spending their valuable time online connected to the illusory culture. Let’s go to the golden past to bring back popular games of that period)
We live in an era where technological excellence is rated above human intelligence. We are blindfolded by the magic of mechanical devices which promise to give pleasure when one is transported to the virtual world. Gone are the days when people used to believe in making social connections by meeting, chatting in person. Technological revolution and more than that, the social-media intrusion in our lives is degrading the way we interact. As a result, health concerns are rising; physical, mental and emotional health quotients are deteriorating.
Our children are the major sufferers. They have not seen the time when there was ample space to play outdoor games. There were no restrictions on play-time and ‘offline friends’ was the most important thing to cherish.
Am I getting too pessimistic? Well, life keeps on changing its pattern and living with technology is the demand of today. We know that health is the ultimate wealth. Make an effort to develop your children’s interest in outdoor activities as technological things will be attained easily:)
Games to keep Children Physically Active
How to Develop Children’s Interest In Outdoor Games
⚽ Restrict gadget time for children. Whether it is a video game, mobile phone or television; fix a maximum time for the passive activities. Reward them periodically if they succeed in adapting to the schedule.
⚽ Play with your children. When parents show curiosity in outdoor games, children, too, have a chance to indulge in activities that improve physical fitness. . Alert⚠️- Parents may have to ditch their gadgets for the betterment of their children;)
⚽ Shun dependency on online applications. Be an example for your children by doing calculations without any help from a calculator. I bet they will be motivated to do maths on their own. Read books and encourage them to nurture reading habits. A healthy environment developed by you will be effective in the healthy growth of your children.
⚽ Give your children ample time to play. It’s not wise to make them study all day when they are in their primary school only. The playtime should have a big chunk reserved for outdoor games. I recommend no compromise in this deal.
⚽ Finding space for children to play is the biggest problem today. If you are buying a new home, be particular in getting one with a park or playground nearby. Encourage them to make real friends and start healthy communication. It’s our responsibility to let children play in the open space. Children are like tender plants who grow in healthy, open surroundings.
⚽ Gift your children, the games that need physical activity and an open area to play. Physical activities facilitate healthy growth in children. Not only the body, their mind and emotional quotient will also show improvement, once the regular playtime is fixed.
PS- By keeping child active physically for an hour or two, you will improve his grades in studies:)
⚽ Encourage kids to remain physically active from a very young age. Play with them the games that demand physical exercise. I recommend the traditional Cricket, Football, Tennis, Cycling, Skipping and Swimming for the development of children.
Participating in games that promote physical activity is beneficial in the following manner:
1) Physical Fitness is an important aspect of life and outdoor games are helpful in securing it.
2) Social Skills improve with children playing games that involve participation in groups.
3) Outdoor games boost creativity. Children learn to think beyond that is visible to the eye.
4) Children develop a positive outlook towards life that’s useful in improving mental health.
5) Playing outdoors with peer facilitates the personality development of children.
6) Children acquire an appreciation for nature while playing outdoor games.
7) Improvement in motor skills is noticeable when the size of playground increases from a small room to 50’x50′ ground.
8) You won’t deny, the is the happiness of children playing outdoors is beyond explanation:)
🎾. 🏸. 🏏. 🏑. ⚽. 🥅
🥇 I collected the links to various outdoor games for ready reference. Have a look👉🏻
In the late ’60s and ’70s, India was faced with a need to multiply its agricultural produce to sustain a rapidly growing population. The Green Revolution was the answer to India’s problems. The country started reaping rewards and the agricultural yield increased manifold.
🍃 Use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides and insecticides, despite yielding favourable results, pushed India far away from traditional farming practices.
🍃 These chemical-laden food products started posing a major health concern for India. Also, soil degradation and depletion of natural minerals and bio-life were a serious worry.
🍃 So, India made a shift, a shift in the right direction to organic farming. This is not new; this is, in fact, return to our origins.
What is Organic Food?
“Organic food is food grown through a system of farming that avoids the use of synthetic inputs (chemical fertilizers, pesticides, hormones, etc.) and using sustainable production methods such as crop rotation, animal manures, bio-fertilizers, beneficial microbes, organic wastes etc. so as to keep the soil alive and promote biodiversity.”
Benefits of Organic Farming/Foods
• Organic foods have more beneficial nutrients and antioxidants.
• People who have food allergies often find organic food palatable.
• Organic foods are fresher as they are often produced in farms closer to where it is sold.
• GMO-Free – they are not genetically modified or genetically engineered.
Organic Food Labelling – Role of FSSAI
People are cautious of buying organic foods as they are unsure if the product is indeed organic. Mis-labelling and fraud by Food Business Operators (FBO) can mark a product as organic when it is not genuinely so. Therefore, it becomes important to ensure that genuine labelling standards are being followed. This is where FSSAI has a major role to play.
🍃 The Food Safety and Standard Authority of India is an autonomous body under Health ministry and is the food standards regulatory authority in India.
🍃 The FSSAI Food License ensures quality in manufacturing, packaging and the sale of food products in India. Any FBO involved in manufacturing, storing, distribution or sale of food is required to have FSSAI certification.
🍃 The FSSAI regulated organic food through the Food Safety and Standard (Organic Foods) Regulations, 2017. The regulations mandate that the labelling on the packages should have accurate information about the organic status of the product.
🍃 No FBO is permitted to manufacture, sell or distribute organic products unless they the stipulations laid by the regulations and comply with the standards laid by the certifying agencies.
🍃Under this new regulation, two systems of certification are considered to have been recognized.
1) Participatory Guarantee System (PGS-India) – A single ingredient product meeting all objectives or a multi-ingredient product where 95% of the ingredients are organic are labelled as ‘PGS-Organic’.
2) National Program for Organic Production (NPOP) – A single ingredient product meeting all objectives are labelled ‘Organic’ and a multi-ingredient product where 95% of the ingredients are organic are labelled as ‘Certified-Organic’. 👉🏻Additionally, the FSSAI regulation has also mandated that the Jaivik Bharat logo be incorporated in labelling organic products. This is the Government’s assurance of a genuine organic product. Hence consumers who wish to buy organic products should look for the following on the package labels:
👉🏻 Jaivik Bharat logo – Government assurance.
👉🏻 FSSAI Food License number.
👉🏻 Either the NPOP Logo or the PGS-India logo whichever was certifying authority Such measures can reduce fake labels and inappropriate markings on non-organic food products.
👉🏻 Further, the regulation also stipulates that the Organic products need to be displayed distinctive for other products.
FSSAI Licenses for Organic Products
👉🏻 Any FBO that is already licensed with FSSAI and who wish to venture into organic products should have FSSAI certificates endorsed for organic products. FBOs who wish to start a new organic product business requires certification under the NPOP or PGS, a prerequisite for acquiring an FSSAI Food License. Any FBO not complying to the safety and labelling standards are liable for penalties under various sections of the Food Safety and Standards act.
👉🏻With increasing consumer awareness about health and increasing amount of pesticides in food products, more people are willing to procure organic foods. With Sikkim declared as an Organic state, the Government of India is taking all measures to boost organic farming in India and enforce clear labelling of organic products.
(God made us inquisitive and we coined the term, travel agency)
I was wondering if travel has something to do with health and well-being. People who travel often seem to be happier than those who don’t/can’t travel. There has to be a connection between the two. Let’s discover:)
Humans are curious by nature. We crave to explore and indulge to acquire new experiences. Travelling gives a chance to recharge our seeking minds and I admit that we plan our travels more than we actually travel. It is sad but not all travel plans get materialised. There are justifications lying underneath several unfulfilled travel dreams.
I know that most of the time, the planning comes to a halt when we don’t find a reasonable travel plan satisfying our wishes as well as our pockets. You know, they have a solution to this problem too!
Search Google for a travel plan and a huge number of travel agencies will pop up in no time. Brizo Travel Deals is one such trusted agency that ensures your travel plan grows from dream to reality. There are a number of deals and discounts open to personalization.
I would like to draw your attention to the fact that travelling improves health. Yes, it is true that the overall physical and mental health improves for the person who travels. I’ve compiled a few points to strengthen my viewpoint.
7 Reasons why travelling is good for your health
1) A study shows that travelling actually increases the chances of living longer. A study showed that the people who take fewer vacations are more likely to suffer from stress-related ailments and die earlier than who take more than three weeks of vacation every year. What are you thinking guys? Plan your much-delayed vacation now!:)
2) We know that walking is the best exercise. Travelling requires a lot of walking while surfing exciting new places. As you can see, the connection to health can be easily found:) Travel, explore, walk and stay fit!
3) While travelling, we are exposed to different types of environments that helps in boosting the immune system. Moving from one place to another means exposing the body to various types of bacteria. The body, in turn, learns to fight and survive in numerous ways.
4) Stress level is low in people who travel and chill. We don’t need to find research records. It’s a matter of basic understanding that an activity like travelling relaxes the nerves to lower stress levels. This is another advantage of travelling that emphasizes its importance.
5) Brain health boosts with travelling. When we travel, we meet people from different regions and cultures. It makes us more open and accepting. As a result, our awareness, creativity and mental growth improve.
6) Research says that travelling decreases the risk of heart attacks! Yes, it is very much true. To travel, one takes a leave from the regular work that relieves him of everyday stress and anxiety. The chances of developing heart disease are also reduced!
7) Travellers are a happy clan. They are free from the pressure of mundane work. They explore new places and try to get accustomed to the culture of the specific locales. Acquiring knowledge while wandering in a foreign area brings a sense of achievement. Happiness prevails.
🐞We need to rediscover health through travelling. It is ‘Happiness that matters in the end’ and travel is one of the proven means to achieve it. 🐞 Revive your travel plans and pack bags for a distant destination. Explore and experience romantic getaways.
Air pollution in India is breaking records and we are running out of clean air. Delhi and NCR (National Capital Region) cities are among the most polluted cities in the world. The records show that about 10,000 people a year may die prematurely in Delhi due to air pollution. If Delhi follows the air-quality standards set by WHO, its people will live for 8 years more.
☘️ Air pollution in India is estimated to kill about 1.5 million people every year; it is the fifth-largest killer in India.
☘️ Poor quality air irreversibly damages the lungs of 2.2 million or 50 percent of all children in Delhi.
☘️ Burning of fossil fuels like petrol, coal and other combustible substances is the major cause of air pollution. Vehicles release hazardous gases but our dependence on the automobiles is dominating over health concerns. Silly of us.
🍀 Agricultural activities like using insecticides, pesticides and fertilizers plus the burning of stubble spur crucial rise in air pollution.
13 out of the 25 most polluted cities of the world are in India. Authorities are finding it difficult to cope with the situation. Children and old people suffer the most because of the weak lungs. Air-purifiers promise to decrease the acuteness of the problem at least indoors.
It is advisable to install good quality Air-purifiers at home to stay safe indoors when pollution is unbelievably high.
I’ve complied a list of some good Air-purifiers for the ready reference.
🌿 Philips AC1215/20 Air purifier, removes 99.97% airborne pollutants with 4-stage filtration. https://amzn.to/2oGgnYU
Vitashield Intelligent purification automatically senses air quality and removes 99.97% airborne pollutants as small as 0.003 microns, 800 times smaller than PM 2.5
Purifies a standard room in just 12 minutes
4 Stage Filtration process through pre filter, activated carbon filter & double layered H13 Grade TRUE HEPA Filter.
4-color air quality indicator gives real time air quality feedback.
🌿Philips AC2887/20 High Efficiency Air purifier,removes 99.97% airborne pollutants with numerical PM2.5 display, ideal for master bedroom
When the powerful speech by a 16-year old, Greta Thunberg shook the ‘Climate Action Summit’, people around the world felt an acute need to reverse the climate change. It is not that we were unaware of the drastic transformations happening in our environment; often reminded by the authorities with time to time quickies. Small steps are taken by the administration, smaller responses are visible in the public and insignificant results are produced to fill the (un)necessary documents. The result is zero or negative. Negative, because climate change is happening at the rate much faster than the preventive steps taken by humans.
Coming back to Greta Thunberg. The young girl reminded us that what we are doing today is going to affect our future generations. They will reap what we aresowing now. Though the effects of climate change are quite prominent today, my brain crashes at the simple thought of its consequences after a few years. Our children won’t be able to survive in the harsh environment resulting in the end of the human race and the time does not seem to be far away.
🍀 Climate change is occurring and human activities are the main cause. Long-term increase in the average temperature of the Earth’s climate is a major threat today and it is called Global Warming.
🍀The terms ‘Climate change’ and ‘Global Warming’ are used interchangeably though Climate Change contains Global Warming as well as its effects.
🍀The climate changes observed in the last 50-60 years have been much greater than those observed in the previous years including prehistoric times.
1) Earth is heating up like never before and the results are apparent. NASA studied the behaviour of the earth’s atmosphere and observed that the level of CO2 has been increasing drastically since Industrial Revolution.
2) Most of the climate change before human existence was due to small variations in Earth’s orbit that change the amount of solar energy our planet receives.
3) Industrial Revolution (since the mid-20th century) took climate change to another level that is set for irreversible harm to the Earth, as seen from the broader perspective. This change is significant because our home, the Earth is in danger.
4) Study shows that the current global warming is happening at the rate 10 times faster than the average ice-age recovery warming. This is alarming. Are we taking sufficient measures to slow down the upsetting change?
Find below the indications of global warming for more clarity:
🍃 Human activities and hence the increase in CO2 has contributed to the rise in the temperature of the earth’s surface. The average surface temperature has risen by 0.9 degrees Celsius since the late 19th century. Last 35 years were the record-breaking hottest and 2016 was the year with most warm months till now.
🍃 Oceans are warming too. Top 700 metres of the oceans are showing 0.4 degrees Fahrenheit since 1969. Oceans help to absorb Earth’s CO2. About 1/4th of the CO2 that we humans create is soaked by the oceans (because ocean plants breathe in CO2 and give O2). Since the temperature of the oceans is rising (remember, oceans form 97% of all water on the Earth), ocean animals are dying, putting a question mark to the ecosystem balance.
🍃 NASA study shows that ice sheets in Antarctica and Greenland have been losing mass at an alarming rate. Billions of tons of ice is melting due to foolish human actions.
🍃 Snowcaps of the world’s great mountains are disappearing. The Alps, Himalayas, Andes, Rockies, Alaska and mountains of Africa are some examples. We may have to pay a huge price for thegame we are playing with nature.
🍃 Sea levels are rising and now you know the reason. It’s the melting of glaciers and snowcaps along with the warming of water that created the havoc.
🍃 The increase in intense events like high temperatures, severe rainfall and other extreme weather conditions are ruining our peace of mind. The reason being the same – Global Warming!
🍃 As more CO2 is released by the humans, more of it is absorbed by oceans. Oceans, that are generally basic in nature, are turning acidic due to the rising level of CO2. Warming oceans cause coral reef ecosystems.
What We Can Do!
We are slowly killing Earth, our habitat. High time, we must be ready with our action plan to save future for our next generations. The suggested actions are not difficult but it’s a matter of changing habits. Go back to the earlier days when the life of humans was simple. Adapt to a simpler lifestyle and make a positive impact on the environment. We have a two-step strategy to reduce global warming:
1) Mitigation 2) Adaptation
By Mitigation, we mean that the intensity of global warming effects can be reduced by reducing the emissions of green-house gases to slow down the greenhouse effect.
There are some simple yet effective measures to make a difference:
* Increase the sinks (reservoirs) that absorb the harmful greenhouse gases, like oceans, forests and soil.
* Reduce the burning of fossil fuels for electricity, heat or transport.
* Eat the food you buy, and eat less meat.
* Buy better bulbs – LED lightbulbs use up to 80 percent less energy than conventional incandescents (they are also cheaper).
* Electricity in your home – this is one of the most harmful things we do to the environment. Don’t leave fully charged devices plugged into your home’s outlets, unplug rarely used devices or plug them into power strips and timers, and adjust your computers and monitors to automatically power down to the lowestpower mode when not in use.
* When buying a new car, buy an electric car.
* RECYCLE – The average person makes 2.5 Kg of garbage a day! this means that in one year, you make 912.5 Kg of trash that gets thrown outside in our nature and harms our planet the most.
Our aim is to decrease the human interference with climate change so that the greenhouse gases level can be stabilized without threatening food production.
Adaptation means adjusting to changing climate conditions. History indicates that climate change has been the main cause of building and collapsing of civilisations. Try reversing the direction of change or adapt to the present/expected climatic conditions.
Also read the wonderful posts by the bloggers who collaborated for the cause:
My BMI rose to the overweight range (ouch!) taking my anxiety level to a newer height. I used to feel proud of my perfectly maintained weight but the recent BMI challenge put me in crisis. It was time to control my eating habits and regulate the exercise routine.
‘Body Mass Index’ also known as ‘BMI’ is crucial in keeping a track of body fat. Scientists define BMI as the ratio of the body mass and the square of the height. Taking mass in kilograms and height in metres, the units of Body Mass Index are kg/m².
Body Mass Index
We generally check our body weight and judge the health quotient by the same. In most cases, this scale fails. A short person (say 4 feet) and a tall person ( say 6 feet) both having the same weight can’t be considered healthy at the same time. Body Mass Index takes account of body weight with respect to the body height. Looking more credible, it gives the basic idea of our fitness. (P.S.- It may not be true in athletes, pregnant women, children or elderly people.)
BMI provides the relationship between body weight and height. It is considered more accurate than measuring body-weight alone. We have a simple calculation to measure Body Mass Index:
BMI= Body weight(kg)/ [Body height (m)]²
One can easily find if his/her body lies in the Underweight, Normal, Overweight or Obese range, by the above formula. Alternatively, you can find your BMI by simply filling your weight and height HERE. A score of 18.5 to 24.9 is normal, 25 to 30 is overweight and 30-plus is obese.
We can see that BMI is the measure of general health by finding the ratio of body weight and height. High BMI can put you at the risk of developing many diseases like:
👉🏻 High Blood Pressure
👉🏻High Cholesterol And Blood Lipids (LDL)
👉🏻Type 2 Diabetes
👉🏻 Female Infertility
👉🏻 Gastroesophageal Reflux (GERD)
👉🏻 Urinary Stress Incontinence
The importance of health cannot be ignored and BMI is the simplest way to calculate health quotient. Tracking weight is not applicable to a few people, everybody should keep the ratio of weight & height perfect so that complicated health conditions may not arise. What I discovered from the healthy living articles is that simple life adds to years of our life.
We love listening to music and our smartphones are equipped with the necessary apps and configurations. Earphones are crucial for music lovers to make the most of their passion. However, Apple AirPods come with a big price tag. iPhone users are usually confused about whether to buy these Bluetooth earphones or not. Good thing is that you need not burn a hole in your pocket. There are a few brands in the market that sell decent quality AirPods at a much lesser price. Recently, I found ‘i9S TWS Airpods for iOS and Android Smartphones‘ and thought of sharing the details with you.
i9S TWS AirPods
Specifications of i9S TWS Airpods
🔉AirPod Model: i9s TWS
🔉Bluetooth version: v4.1 + EDR
🔉Battery Capacity: 46 mAH
🔉Charging time of battery: 50 minutes (Better than most of the other versions)
Features of i9S TWS AirPods
🐞 Best replacement for Apple Airpods
High-quality sound is guaranteed in i9s TWS AirPods. Clarity is good and you won’t have to face annoying distortion as it happens in other Bluetooth earphones. In short, it is an intelligent choice to own stylish, quality Airpods if you don’t want to spend a moolah on Apple AirPods.
🐞Ah! If Looks Could Kill…
Efficient AirPods that can kill with the looks! Yes, the white, smooth-finish i9s TWS AirPods give a classy impression and are cool to carry anywhere, be it college or travel. Ten on ten points for the looks; I’m fascinated:)
i9S TWS AirPods
🐞 Accessories that come free with i9S TWS AirPods
Following are the accessories that come free with these AirPods.
Unbelievable but you can purchase the amazing i9S TWS AirPods at a huge discount. Visit 👉🏻 BUY WHOLESALE MOBILE ACCESSORIES and get your AirPods at just Rs 699/- Hurry up, the sale won’t last long:)
i9S TWS AirPods is a big yes for those who don’t want to spend huge money on expensive versions. Quality wise, i9S TWS AirPods are great at this price. You won’t get such classy AirPods in this range. Good looks, high-quality sound and easy to carry; I sincerely vote for the device. May your music be with you, always:)
Walking has always been my convenient exercise. It imparts ample benefits to the people of all age-groups. One doesn’t need to bother about going to the gym or spending hours in the vicinity of machines. Walking is the best exercise, though yet to be declared officially;) A few years back, I discovered the power of Brisk Walk. Not only did I feel more energetic, but the brisk walk routine also brought me back to shape in a shorter period. About 30 minutes of fast walking brings remarkable results and by the end of this article, you will agree with me.
Imagine a person is walking faster than the other people in a park. He is covering the same distance in 30 minutes, the others cover in 50 minutes. We want to know if he gets more benefit than those who walk at an average speed. I got the answer to my query and I’m sharing the same with you.
BENEFITS OF BRISK WALK
1) You can reduce your weight considerably by walking briskly without changing your lifestyle and it is scientifically proven. This is the coolest incentive as people can follow this relatively easier way to stay trim. Invest just 30-60 minutes a day walking faster than usual and get visible results.
2) You stay young and suffer from lesser psychological disturbances. Yes, it is again true. Walk in the fresh air to make the most of the walk schedule. Walking increases the rate of the exchange of gases (oxygen in, carbon dioxide out) and refreshes brain. And all of you are aware that it is brain that controls everything in our body.
3) The purpose of walk changes from merely reducing weight to getting fitter and smarter. You will look great in the new toned body as the benefits of brisk walk are not going to end here:p
4) While walking, you exert most of your muscles everyday. Your movements become smoother as the toning up of muscles is executed in routine. Overall health improves and the perspective of life changes too; for the better.
5) Overall health improves and your chances to live longer increase. Brisk walk, if managed in a proper manner shows magnificent outcomes. If you walk and are not getting visible results, increase your speed.
6) Better result in less time is the fundamental benefit of brisk walking. Take charge of your life and buckle up to win the race of health. Hardly 30-40 minutes a day are needed to become a health icon.
7) Not only the outer look, but your internal organs will also show improved fitness. Hearts of those people who walk or run are healthier than the others.
8) Scientists claim that brisk walk is healthier than running.
[ Running reduced the risk of heart disease by 4.5% while walking reduced it by 9.3%.
Calorie for calorie, walking also had a stronger impact on heart disease risk factors. The risk of first-time high blood pressure was reduced by 4.2% by running and 7.2% by walking.
First-time high cholesterol risk was lowered by 4.3% by running and 7% by walking.
The risk of first-time diabetes was reduced by about 12% by both walking and running.]
Walking is the best route to the healthy living. Be a little brisk in routine to make an impact on yourself and the society:)
I’m taking my blog to the next level with Blogchatter‘s #MyFriendAlexa