The year was 1989. Salman Khan- Bhagyashree starrer ‘Maine Pyar Kiya‘ was released in December and it quickly rose to fame. Since it was their debut as lead stars, Salman and Bhagyashree tasted success for the first time. We couldn’t get enough of the dreamy-eyed handsome guy lip-syncing to the romantic songs of S.P. Balasubrahmanyam. This was Salman Khan’s first impression.
Though he had begun his acting career with a supporting role in ‘Biwi Ho To Aisi’ but we didn’t notice and I think it turned out to be good for him.
After Maine Pyar Kiya, he gave several blockbusters in the following years. Hum Apke Hain Koun, Karan Arjun, Biwi No.1, Hum Saath Saath Hain, to name a few.
A brief decline in the 2000s and critics began to wipe off his name from stardom, but he bounced back stronger in the 2010s with Dabangg, Ready, Ek tha Tiger, Kick, Sultan and Tiger Zinda Hai.
Fame didn’t come alone. As Salman continued to grow in Bollywood, many controversies began to surround him.
Controversy’s favourite Child Salman Khan
Salman Khan is one of the most successful stars of Bollywood. People die to watch him on the big screen. The success did come at a hefty price. He was found on the wrong side of the law many times.
1. Year 1992: Salman Khan and his co-stars of the movie ‘Hum Saath Saath Hain’ were accused of hunting endangered chinkara and blackbuck in Jodhpur.
2. Year 2002: The actor was accused of ramming his car in people sleeping on the pavement. One person died and an FIR was lodged against Salman. The plea that he was not driving the car at the time of the accident worked and he was acquitted in the case.
3. Year 2002: Salman Khan said to have harassed his then-girlfriend Aishwarya Rai and she walked out of the relationship.
4. Year 2003: Salman Khan allegedly threatened Vivek Oberoi, speculated to be romantically involved with Aishwarya. Vivek himself told everything in a press conference.
5. Year 2008: Salman was caught in a brawl with Shahrukh Khan at his then-girlfriend Katrina Kaif’s birthday. After this incident, Salman and Shahrukh had been in a cold war for many years. Currently, they are on good terms with each other.
6.Year 2010: Salman Khan faced a lot of opposition when in an interview with a Pakistani channel, he said the 26/11 attack was hyped because elite people were involved.
7. Year 2015: Salman Khan tweeted in support of Yakub Memon, the Bombay blasts accused. He faced a lot of criticism from Indians. His father Salim Khan came to his rescue and tweeted, “Get Tiger, hang him. Parade him not his brother,” where Tiger was Memon’s brother and the main accused in the blast case.
Being Human Foundation
Though marred by the controversies and legal troubles, Salman Khan seems to be good at heart. He founded The Being Human Foundation to help the poor and the needy. The Being Human Foundation sells Being-Human merchandise and the profit is used to provide education and healthcare services to the underprivileged.
Trivia of the day!
From which movie has this dialogue been taken?
“Picture abhi baaki hai mere dost!”
The fastest finger with the correct answer will be given a special mention in the next post of Bollywood Gossip:)
The answer to the question asked in the previous post is Fiza and the winner is Ms Anita